At Kawartha Care, we work closely with Dr. Charles Noronha to offer a variety of custom made braces and medical supplies ranging from therapeutic taping, hinged braces, and compression sleeves.
With the range of high-level suppliers we work with, such Ossur, we are able to specialize in custom knee bracing primarily used for ligament instability and osteoarthritis of the knee.
Used post-operatively or following an acute injury, braces can aid in the recovery process and speed up healing time. In arthritis sufferers, unloader braces are often used to maintain and improve the function of the knee. Whichever the case, if you require a brace, we’ll get you the one that fits your needs.
Your first appointment will consist of:
- A health history and exam of your area of concern
- Our staff explaining the brace to you, showing you what your brace will look like, and also thoroughly explaining the benefits of the brace
- Taking measurements and pictures of the area you need the brace for
- Answering any questions you may have about bracing and providing our best recommendations
On the day of your brace fitting:
- We will put the brace on you and show you the correct way to wear it
- Send you home with prescribed exercises and a video tutorial- you can refer to this video anytime!
Most insurance plans will cover custom bracing. After receiving your brace, you will be issued a receipt that you can send to your insurance company to reimburse the cost of the brace.
Note: In order for your insurance company to cover your brace, you may need a prescription from your doctor.
Custom made braces support several injuries including:
- Ligamentous Knee Injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL)
- Osteoarthritis (Knee OA)
- Ankle Sprains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shoulder Dislocations
- Tennis and golfers’ elbow
- Various knee injuries