What is a Custom Brace
Custom braces are used post-operatively or following an acute injury, and can aid in the recovery process and speed up healing time. In arthritis sufferers, unloader braces are often used to maintain and improve the function of the knee.
With the range of high-level suppliers we work with, such as Ossur, we are able to specialize in custom knee bracing primarily used for ligament instability and osteoarthritis of the knee.
Your first appointment will consist of:
- A health history and exam of your area of concern
- Our staff explaining the brace to you, showing you what your brace will look like, and also thoroughly explaining the benefits of the brace
- Taking measurements and pictures of the area you need the brace for
- Answering any questions you may have about bracing and providing our best recommendations
On the day of your brace fitting:
- We will put the brace on you and show you the correct way to wear it
- Send you home with prescribed exercises and a video tutorial that you can refer to anytime