Sciatica can cause serious and persistent nerve pain that originates in the spine and typically extends down the back of the leg.
How do I know if I have Sciatica?
- Shooting pain that makes it hard to stand up
- Pain you your lower back and buttock (worsens when you sit)
- Toe or leg pain that makes it difficult to move
- Burning or tingling feeling running down your leg
- Hip Pain
How can a Chiropractor help with Sciatica?
Sciatica can originate from many different sources, treatment plans may vary depending on the cause.
- Spinal adjustments– helps with movement restrictions, nerve irritations, muscle spasms, inflammation, and other related symptoms to sciatica. Chiropractic care is non-surgical and drug-free.
- Ultrasound– a gentle heat is created by sound waves that penetrates deep into tissues, increases circulation, reduces muscle spasms, cramping, swelling, stiffness, and pain.
- Ice and heat therapy
- Provide therapeutic exercises, stretches to decrease pain
- Suggest Massage therapy,which will help loosen the tight muscles causing irritation
A stretch to try! Child’s Pose
1. Start in a kneeling position. Drop your butt toward your heels, as you stretch the rest of your body down & forward.
2. Rest your arms in a relaxed position along the floor, rest your stomach on your thighs, feeling a mild stretch in your shoulders, buttocks and down the length of your spine, arms.
Hold 3-5 sec, repeat 5-8 times, once a day!